At Shepherd’s Fold Stables in the Lanseria area, we offer a variety of trail ride options to allow visitors to explore our amazing landscape on horseback and we are well equipped to accommodate riders of every level and experience. The stables can accommodate up to 10 riders at a time and each group trail ride is led by an experienced guide.
The trails go through the most beautiful routes, through the neighbouring farms, stopping along the way to take in the stunning views of Johannesburg, the Magaliesberg and Cradle of Humankind nearby.
Good to know
- There is a weight restriction of 90kg and we do need to know your heights, weights and riding experience to select suitable horses for you
- Children can join their parents on the trail ride from 8 years and older
- We have handlers for the less experienced riders and children that do not wish to ride the horse on their own. Please indicate when booking if you require this service
- Any items of personal nature
- Long trousers
- Low-heeled boots or shoes
Looking for more of the best tours, activities and experiences?
Light Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 24 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 24 hours before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.